Being Thankful, Again

Just to keep the hit count coming on the Google "Thankful" term search, I figured I'd through a couple of items together for the annual Thanks! list.

1) Thankful for two great mancubs. My kids have had to deal with more than I ever did as a child, and they continue to make me a proud daddy with their attitude, intelligence, and their love of family.  I need nothing more in this world than these two gifts.

2) I'm thankful for my girlfriend, even though she is displaced Texan some 1,300 miles away. She is a very smart and pretty woman who is a devoted mother and good friend to me. She keeps me on my toes and helps me when times are tough.

3) Thanks for my understanding family. My immediate family has always been there for me through my past hardships and continues to support me today. But I also consider a good number of people outside that blood connection as family whom I'm thankful for. The number of virtual 'Brothers and Sisters' and adopted nieces and nephews that consider our connection on of family has been a source of strength for many years. I'm thankful that my large 'family' can put up with my life's roller coaster and still want to stay buckled in for the next go around.

4) Thanks to God for the strength to be the person I choose to be and not just the person I happen to be.  I have been, and my choices have been, sometimes judged foolish or short-sighted. While I make more than my share of mistakes in the world, I believe that accepting the challenges laid before me and choosing to live life without anger, spite, or malice is a much healthier outlook and better example for my kids.  That's not to say that I don't get angry, but how I act on that is what I try to focus on. I'm thankful that I'm generally successful in that endeavor.

5) Lastly, for this list, I'm thankful for my job. I have a great job that allows me to remain active with the classroom experience while not having to actually do grades.  I'm able to still work with some of the best teachers in the country while I advocate for a successfully high level technology integration during instruction.  I'm able to be creative, useful, and provide a level of instructional support that greatly undervalued in many school districts. With major budget cuts coming again, one never feels 100% secure, so I'm glad for my job and the income it provides for my small household and hope to continue to be seen as a productive part of this district and an active agent for student achievement and instructional support.

Well, I'd better post this up so I can help prepare the big dinner for today.  Every day is a great day to give thanks, but today I remain especially thankful.
2 Responses
  1. Catherine Says:

    Nice....I like that whole use "thankful" to earn a few more google hits! =p

    Also, I want it known that I am a member of your family, not a member of your "family"

    ...Just...you know. fyi.

  2. Unknown Says:

    Catherine, you are forever etched into my heart. I am thankful that we are family.

    Have a foodtastic Thanksgiving!!

Post a Comment

abcs