The Days When You Wish You Were A Kid..

Sometimes I'd like to go back in time.  I have some good memories of college and a bucket full of "I wish I would have's" from the same time. If you gave me the magic key to go back, I of course would hand it right back. I'd hate to have to play Marty McFly and do something that screwed up my present day fantastic kids!

Then there is going way back to childhood. The days of laying in the grass (sans allergies), shooting the shotgun outside whenever you wanted, staying up all night - cuz it's dark, and the ease of school curriculum. Yeah, the ease of school.  Sure, I wasn't the greatest student. Real homework rarely graced my sight after school. And still I passed, got into college, graduated and got a good job. Imagine that.

I was reminded of that when I visited a couple of this morning. Kids stressing about testing, one actually crying. There was the rush to get meds to one student before testing started. Yesterday's pep rally's and positive statement overkill are still ringing in their ears. I seriously was picturing the painting Scream in my head as I left one of the schools.

I feel for my kids as they endure this tedium going through school. It's a darn shame that it comes to this every year for the kids and teachers. So, Good luck Mancub1! I know you will knock it out of the park. AND IF YOU DON'T, DON'T COME HOME FOR DINNER!!!    ;)

"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself." -George Bernard Shaw
2 Responses
  1. redt64 Says:

    I too find myself at times reflecting on the choices I made when I was younger. I always come to the same conclusion that you do- wouldn't change anything because I love these kids of mine so much. I rarely did homework after school and like you had no trouble passing, graduating and going to college. I found college to be so much easier than all those horrific stories told to us by our teachers in high school.

  2. Unknown Says:

    Thanks for the comment, Red. It can be fun to think about the choices we made at different forks in the road, but it's a great feeling knowing that the paths I took led me to two great kids.

    Come back again!

Post a Comment

abcs